The primary responsibility of the Traffic Safety Unit is enhancing the safety of motorists and pedestrians in Tredyffrin Township. The following are some functions which the Traffic Safety Unit serves:
- Investigate and survey complaints of unsafe conditions on all public roadways in Tredyffrin Township.
- Development and coordination of the Department's selective enforcement program, to include specialized DUI and speed enforcement programs.
- Analysis of accident data to provide information to reduce these accidents and address the high accident areas.
- Technical accident investigation, to include all fatal and serious injury accidents. The Unit provides support in follow-up investigations and reconstruction.
- Liaise with local traffic safety groups and PennDOT officials.
- Conduct Commercial Motor Vehicle Carrier inspections in conjunction with federal and state transportation agencies.
If you are concerned about traffic safety on a particular road in Tredyffrin Township, you may voice your concerns at the Township's Traffic Committee Meeting. View the Traffic Committee Schedule.
Parking Permits [PDF]
The Police Department issues parking permits to Township residents (free of charge). Residents who reside within parking permitted areas are encouraged to obtain revised (parking permit) decals. Residents will receive one parking permit for every vehicle registered to them. Please remember to bring copies of vehicle registrations when applying for new permits. Permits are readily available at the Police Department during normal business hours, Monday through Friday.
Sight Obstruction Notice [PDF]
With the growing season upon us, unmanaged vegetation can create safety issues through sight obstructions and the blocking of roadways. A new sight obstruction form will be used to provide notice to residents who need to correct certain conditions or aspects of their properties that create roadway safety issues. The Police Department and Public Works Department are asking for the cooperation of residents to ensure that our community is safe and enjoyable for all.
Road Closure Permits [PDF]
Each year Tredyffrin Township receives requests for barricades in order to close roads within the Township. Such closures are intended for neighborhood block parties and other worthwhile community functions. A permit process, at no charge to the residents, is required for each road closure (event). Road closure permit forms will be available at the Township building in addition to the website.
- Buckle-up America
- Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- Pennsylvania Department of Motor Vehicles
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (610) 408-3667.